Nancy Bodenhorn is an associate professor in and Program Leader for the Counselor Education program.
- School Counselor Self-Efficacy
- Preparation for Counselor Education Doctoral programs
- School Counselor Ethics
- Counselor Multicultural Competence
- PhD, Michigan State University
- MEd, Duke University
- BS, Purdue University
- Professional School Counseling (Editorial Board)
- Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (review team member)
- Association of Counselor Education and Supervision
- Excellence in Advising and Outstanding Mentor Award. College of Liberal Arts and Human Sciences/Graduate School, 2019
- William H. Van Hoose Career Service Award. Virginia Counselors Association, 2017
- Certificate of Teaching Excellence, 2006
Sackett, C. R.*, Hartig, N., Bodenhorn, N., Farmer, L.B.*, Ghoston, M.R.*, Graham, J.*, & Lile, J.* (2015). Advising master’s students pursuing doctoral study: A survey of the counselor education and supervision field. The Professional Counselor, 5(4), 473-485. doi: 10.15241/crs.5.4.473.
Bodenhorn, N., Hartig, N., Ghoston, M.*, Graham, J.*, Lile, J.*, Sackett, C. R.*, and Farmer, L. B.* (2014). Counselor Education Faculty Positions: Requirements and Preferences in CESNET Announcements 2005-2009. Journal of Counselor Preparation and Supervision, 6(1), http://dx.doi.org/http://dx.doi.org/10.7729/51.1087
Bodenhorn, N., Wolfe, E. W., & Airen, O.* (2010). School counselor program choice and self-efficacy: Relationship to achievement gap and equity. Professional School Counseling, 13(3), 165-175.
Bodenhorn, N. & Skaggs, G. (2005). Development of School Counseling Self-Efficacy Scale. Measurement and Evaluation in Counseling and Development, 38(1), 14-28.
Bodenhorn (2015-2019) Clinical Faculty Grant for Southwest Virginia Professional Education Consortium: A Continuum of Support for Teacher and Student Learning. Virginia Department of Education.
Select Media Mentions