Betti C. Kreye
School of Education
Public Safety Bldg,
Blacksburg, VA 24061
540-231-8348 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Betti C. Kreye is a Clinical Associate Professor in the Department of Education.
- Education and training of mathematics specialists
- Professional development for inservice K-12 teachers
- Instructional strategies for teacher education
- Ed.D. Virginia Tech
- M.A.Ed. Virginia Tech
- B.S. Virginia Tech
- Mathematics Consultant and Support Person working with Covington City Public Schools (pK-12), 2014.
- Mathematics Consultant and Support Person working with Washington County Public Schools (pK-8), 2013-2014.
- Mathematics Consultant and Support Person working with Buchanan County Public Schools (pK-8), 2014 on-going.
- Lead Reviewer for the “Teachers’ Materials Review Corner” within the Virginia Mathematics Teacher journal as assigned by the Executive Board of the VCTM.
- 2016 VCTM Educator of The Year at the university level
- 2012 VT CIDER (Center for Instructional Development and Educational Research) Teacher of The Week Award
- 2011 VT School of Education Outstanding Teaching Award
- 2010 Phi Delta Kappa Outstanding Higher Education Award
Kreye, B., & Tilley-Lubbs, G. A. (2014) Collaboration for authentic preservice teacher experiences: Mathematics and English as a second language. International Journal of Teaching and Learning in Higher Education, Vol. 25, No. 3.
Kreye, B. C., & Wilkins, J. L. M. (2010). Providing real-world experiences: The Virginia Tech externship for mathematics specialists. The Journal of Mathematics and Science: Collaborative Explorations.
Kreye, B., & Tilley-Lubbs, G. A. Preparing teachers for changing demographics: An innovative, collaborative approach. Volume 2: Multicultural Curriculum Transformation in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) of the PK-12 Multicultural Curriculum Transformation Handbook Series. (In press).
Mistele, J., & Kreye, B. (2015). Mathematics Specialists: Describing an Application of a Motivational Model Called MUSIC. Virginia Mathematics Teacher, Vol. 42, No. 1.
- MSP Mini-Grant with Norton City Public Schools, Kreye,B (Consultant and Key Instructor): providing professional development sessions for all mathematics teachers grades K-Algebra I through monthly sessions, 2015-2016
- MSP Grant with Buchanan County Public Schools, 3-year grant. Kreye,B (Co-PI), McCallum, P (Co_PI): 55 mathematics teachers K-Algebra I in Riverside Elementary/Middle School, Council Elem/Mid School, and Hurley Elem/Mid School providing (each year) a 3-credit mathematics content course, professional development, support through 2 days per month observations, model teaching, individual discussions. 2015-2018
- NSF Innovation-Based Manufacturing, Kreye,B. (Evaluator): This grant is an NSF Research Experience for Teachers (RET) grant under manufacturing engineering and science education. It provides experiences for in-service teachers working with research faculty on campus, 2013 - present
- PEARLS (Partners for Excellence, Access, Retention, Leadership, and Success). 2014-2016. Faculty Development Workshop involving customized professional development on innovative pedagogical practices in mathematics with schools: Achievable Dream Academy.
Select Media Mentions