Jodie L. Brinkmann
Dr. Jodie Brinkmann is an assistant clinical professor of Practice, Educational Leadership in the School of Education.
- Educational Leadership
- Pre-K- 12 Curriculum and Instruction
- Collaboration and Co-teaching
- Undergraduate Pre-service Teacher Programming and Accreditation
- Pre-service Teacher Methods (Mathematics, Science, Social Studies)
- EdD in Educational Leadership and Policy Studies, Virginia Tech, 2012
- MEd in Educational Administration and Supervision, Virginia Commonwealth University, 1999
- BS in Elementary Education/Early Childhood Education, Clarion University of Pennsylvania, 1993
- International Society for Educational Planning (ISEP)- Executive Board Positions: Secretary and Treasurer
- Virginia Education Research Association (VERA)- Executive Board Positions: Secretary and Research Chair
- Virginia Postgraduate Professional teaching license with endorsements in Early Childhood and Elementary Education (Pre-k-6)
- Virginia Postgraduate Professional License in Public School Administration and Supervision
- LOTI Course Completion and Certificate Awarded for On-line Instruction (2015)
- MANDT Restraint System Certified (2013)
- Incident Command and Response Training/FEMA (2009)
Brinkmann, J. L. (2019). Making a Difference: Increasing Elementary Pre-service Teachers’ Self-Efficacy in Mathematics. Educational Planning, 26(1), 7-21.
Brinkmann, J. L. & Twiford, T. W. (2012). Voices from the Field: Skill Sets Needed for Effective Collaboration and Co-teaching” International Journal of Educational Leadership Preparation, 7(3), 1-13.
Brinkmann J. L. (2012). Dissertation: Perceptions of Beginning General and Exceptional Education Teachers of their Preparation and Importance of Skills Associated with Collaboration and Co-teaching.
Virginia Department of Education, (2016). Teacher Leadership Program, Coach: Inquiry-based Model for Building Teacher Leadership to Promote Academic Achievement.
Select Media Mentions
Recent Academic News