Jodie L. Brinkmann
Dr. Jodie Brinkmann is an assistant professor of practice, Educational Leadership in the School of Education.
- Educational Leadership
- Assessment of Instruction
- Pre-K- 12 Curriculum and Instruction
- Collaboration and Co-teaching
- Pre-service Teacher Preparation Programming- Implementation of the InTASC Standards
- Undergraduate Pre-service Teacher Programming and Accreditation
- Pre-service Teacher Methods (Mathematics, Science, Social Studies)
- EdD in Educational Leadership and Policy Studies, Virginia Tech, 2012
- MEd in Educational Administration and Supervision, Virginia Commonwealth University, 1999
- BS in Elementary Education/Early Childhood Education, Clarion University of Pennsylvania, 1993
- Virginia Education Research Association, Vice President (President Elect, 2021)
- Virginia Professors of Educational Leadership, Vice President (President Elect, 2022)
- International Society for Educational Planning (ISEP)- Executive Board Positions: Secretary and Treasurer
- Virginia Education Research Association (VERA)- Executive Board Positions: Secretary and Research Chair
- Editorial Boards
- International Society for Educational Planners: Educational Planning Journal (Editorial Review Board Member; Guest Editor with Adam Nir, 2021)
- International Society for Educational Planners: Educational Planning Journal: Special Issue- Covid-19 Leadership and Educational Planning, Co-Editor (Published, Summer 2021)
- Virginia Postgraduate Professional teaching license with endorsements in Early Childhood and Elementary Education (Pre-k-6)
- Virginia Postgraduate Professional License in Public School Administration and Supervision
- LOTI Course Completion and Certificate Awarded for On-line Instruction (2015)
- MANDT Restraint System Certified (2013)
- Incident Command and Response Training/FEMA (2009)
Brinkmann, J.L., Cash, C.S, & Price, T.S. (2021). Crisis Leadership and Educational Coaching: A Tool for Building School Leaders’ Self-efficacy through Self-Awareness and Coaching. International Journal of Mentoring & Coaching in Education, 10(2).
Cash, C. S., Brinkmann, J. L. & Price, T. S. (August 2020). School Leadership and the Coronavirus Pandemic: A Virginia Tech Research Team Study of Initial Reactions and Future Perspectives. Managing Yourself and Others During A Major Crisis Like Covid-19: Surviving and Thriving as a PreK-12 Education Leader in Spite of It All! Roman and Littlefield; Book Chapter (in print 2021).
Cash, C. S., Brinkmann, J. L. & Price, T. S. (2020). Capturing this Moment in Educational Leadership; Pandemic- Cataclysm or Crisis? Educational Planning, 27(4).
Otey, K. W., Brinkmann, J. L., Cash, C. S. & Mullen, C. A. (2020). Factors that Affect the Performance of Refugee Students in Public Schools: An Illustration from Virginia, USA. Handbook of Social Justice Interventions in Education. Springer; Book Chapter.
Brinkmann, J. L. (2019). Making a Difference: Increasing Elementary Pre-service Teachers’ Self-Efficacy in Mathematics. Educational Planning, 26(1), 7-21.
Brinkmann, J. L. & Twiford, T. W. (2012). Voices from the Field: Skill Sets Needed for Effective Collaboration and Co-teaching” International Journal of Educational Leadership Preparation, 7(3), 1-13.
Brinkmann J. L. (2012). Dissertation: Perceptions of Beginning General and Exceptional Education Teachers of their Preparation and Importance of Skills Associated with Collaboration and Co-teaching.
USAID/Egypt Funded Project, The 21st Century Partnership for STEM Education (January 2020- present).
Virginia Department of Education, (2016). Teacher Leadership Program, Coach: Inquiry-based Model for Building Teacher Leadership to Promote Academic Achievement.
- Partnership with Chesterfield County Public Schools, Dr. Sharon Pope, Doctoral Cohort in the school division, 12 participants (Fall 2021)
- Partnered with Norfolk City Public Schools in Vendor and Recruitment Fair, Wendy Burke (August 2021)
Select Media Mentions
Recent Academic News