Jesse L. Wilkins
School of Education
Public Safety Bldg,
Blacksburg, VA 24061
540-231-8326 | email@example.com
- Mathematics Education
- Quantitative Literacy
- Mathematics Beliefs and Attitudes
- Children’s development of fractions concepts
- Teaching and learning of probability and statistics
- Editorial Panel for the Journal for Research in Mathematics Education
Wilkins, J. L. M. (in press). An assessment of the quantitative literacy of undergraduate students. Journal of Experimental Education.
Wilkins, J. L. M. (2015). Standards-based mathematics curricula and the promotion of quantitative literacy in elementary school. International Journal of STEM Education, 2:19.
Wilkins, J. L. M., Norton, A. & Boyce, S. J. (2013). Validating a written instrument for assessing students' fractions schemes and operations. The Mathematics Educator, 22(2), 31-54.
Norton, A., & Wilkins, J. L. M. (2013). Supporting students' constructions of the splitting operation. Cognition and Instruction, 31(1), 2-28.
- Ulrich, C. (PI), Wilkins, J. L. M. (PI), Kreye, B. C., (Co-PI), Norton, A. H., (Co-PI, Wawro, M. (Co-PI). (2013 - 2018). Virginia Teach, Phase II: A Community-Based Approach to Serving Mathematics Students in Need, National Science Foundation, $800,000.
- Skaggs, G. E. (PI), Wilkins, J. L. M. (Co-PI), & Hein, S. F. (Co-PI). (2011-2013). Determining Algebra Readiness and Cognitive Skills Profiles by Using a Diagnostic Cognitive Model to Set a Performance Standard on a Pre-Algebra Test. National Science Foundation, $348,000.
- Wilkins, J. L. M. (PI). (2008-2011). Assessing Quantitative Literacy of Undergraduate Students, National Science Foundation, $199,964.
- Wilkins, J. L. M. (PI) & Norton, A. H. (Co-PI). (2008-2009). Strategies for collaborative teaching of mathematics in grades 6 and 7, Virginia Department of Education, $311,649.
Select Media Mentions