Christine J. Christianson
Christine J. Christianson is the Assistant Director of Assessment and Accreditation, and is a Professional/Administrative lecturer.
- Literacy Education
- Empowering Pre-service Teachers
- Trauma-informed Pedagogy
- Action Research
- PhD, Curriculum & Instruction: Literacy, North Carolina State University
- MS, English, Radford University
- BS, English with Secondary Teaching Endorsement
- Director of Teacher Education, Ferrum College
- Director of Education Specialist Degree in Teacher Education, Ferrum College
- Associate Professor of Teacher Education, Ferrum College
- CAEP Coordinator, Ferrum College
- Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation Site Reviews
- Site Visit Team Member, Lemoyn-Owen College, TN, 2021.
- Faculty Academic and Assessment Advisor, Bay of Plenty Polytechnic, Tauranga, New Zealand
- Inspirational Educator Award, Virginia Association of Colleges for Teacher Education, Spring 2017.
- Kappa Delta Phi Educational Honor Society (inducted 2015).
- Phi Kappa Phi Collegiate Honor Society (North Carolina State University, inducted 2013).
Peer Reviewed Scholarship
Christianson, C., and Pendleton, M. (2018). “’Preach it Girl! Preach it!’: Exploring Trauma through Memoir and Discussion in Two Case Studies.” National Teacher Education Journal, Volume 11, Number 3.
Wiseman, A. M., Pendleton, M., Christianson, C., & Nesheim, N. “A Case Study of Struggle and Success: Profiling a Third Grader’s Reading and Writing in a Multimodal Curriculum.” Journal of Language & Literacy Education, 13:1, Spring 2017.
Wiseman, A. M., Pendleton, M., Christianson, C., & Nesheim, N. (2014). “A Cross-Case Analysis of Ellie & David: Using Multimodal Interaction Microanalysis to Understand ‘Struggle’ in the Classroom.” LRA Yearbook, 2014.
Peer Reviewed Conference Presentations
Christianson, C. (2019). “Action Research for Pre-Service Teachers.” Virginia Association of College of Teacher Educators Spring Conference.
Wrenn, M., and Christianson, C. (2019). “Sharing Trauma Through Academic Discourse.” National Council of Teachers of English Assembly for Research.
Bradley, N., and Christianson, C., (2017). Helping Students Over the Testing Hurdle: Supporting Students in the Race to Licensure. VACTE/ATE-VA Spring Conference.
Christianson, C., and Pritchard, R. (2015). Personal Writing and Technology. Virginia Society for Technology in Education.
Wiseman, A., Christianson, C. (2013). Multimodal Interaction Analysis: A Profile of a Struggling Reader. National Council of Teachers of English Assembly for Research Conference, Columbus, OH.
Wiseman, A., Christianson, C., Pendleton, M., and Nesheim, N. (2012). A Case Study of Ellie: How a “Struggling” Student Makes Meaning in a Multimodal Literacy Curriculum. Literacy Research Association Conference, San Diego, CA.
Adams, M., Feldman, M., Christianson, C., and Heilman, A. (2011). Not Just Theory: Practical Experiences in Assessment Courses. 2011 NC-ACTE Fall Forum, Raleigh, N.C.
Christianson, C., and Steele, L. (2010). From Content Expert to Classroom Teacher: An Examination of Support Systems for Uncertified Educators at Bay of Plenty Polytechnic. The 8th Annual Hawaii International Conference on Education, Honolulu, HI.
Christianson, C., and Monaco, M. (2021). “A Finer Focus: CAEP Standard 3.” Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation Conference (CAEPCon), Virtual.
Christianson, C. (2018). Helping Students Over the Testing Hurdle, Averett University, Danville, Va, Feb. 2018.
Bradley, N, and Christianson, C. (2018). Mentor Teacher Training, Southwest Virginia Professional Education Consortium, Franklin County Public Schools.
Christianson, C. (2015). Inquiring Minds—First Generation College Students, Ferrum College
Select Media Mentions
Recent Academic News