- Adult Development and Aging
- Counseling Older Adults
- Access to Mental Health Services in Later Life
- Suicide Prevention Across the Life Span
- Application of Resilience and Wellness Models
- Board Member, Association for Adult Development and Aging (AADA), a division of the American Counseling Association
- Editorial Board, Adultspan Journal
- Member, American Counseling Association Public Policy & Legislation Committee
- Ph.D. The Ohio State University
- M.Div. Ashland Theological Seminary
- M.A. Ashland Theological Seminary
- B.A. Northwestern University
Awards and Honors
Awarded the 2016 Outstanding Adultspan Journal Article Award by the Association for Adult Development and Aging, a division of the American Counseling Association.
Awarded the Dr. Jerome Kaplan Award for Best Graduate Student Paper at the 2016 Ohio Association of Gerontology and Education (OAGE) conference.
Awarded the Dr. Jerome Kaplan Award for Best Graduate Student Paper at the 2014 Ohio Association of Gerontology and Education (OAGE) conference.
Fullen, M.C., & Gorby, S.R. (2016). Reframing Resilience: Pilot Evaluation of a Program to Promote Resilience in Marginalized Older Adults. Educational Gerontology, 42(9), 660-671
Fullen, M.C. (2016). Counseling for wellness with older adults. Adultspan Journal, 15 (2), 109-123.
Fullen, M.C. (2016). Mobilizing the community to prevent older adult suicide. Illness, Crisis & Loss, 24 (3), 155-169.
Fullen, M.C. (2016). Medicare advocacy for the counselor-advocate. Adultspan Journal, 15 (1), 3-12.
“Aging Well: Promoting Resilience and Wellness in Older Adults,” Awarded by The Albert Schweitzer Fellowship (Columbus-Athens chapter), $3,000, 2014.
“Using a Wellness Framework to Predict Internalized Ageism in Older Adults Living Independently in Senior Housing Communities.” Awarded by the Association for Adult Development and Aging (AADA) Evelyn Chasan Research Grant, $500, 2016.