- Teacher induction
- Teacher retention
- Teacher working conditions
- Inclusive leadership
- Teacher education
- Committee to develop High Leverage Practices for Special Education Teachers
- Research Committee, Teacher Education Division Council for Exceptional Children
- Committee Member, Council for Exceptional Children Professional Standards and Practice Committee. (2014 - Present)
- Editorial Boards Exceptional Children, Teacher Education and Special Education, Journal of Special Education Leadership
- Ed.D. Virginia Tech
Awards and Honors
Teacher Education Award (Teacher Education Division of Council for Exceptional Children with Pearson), 2014
Billingsley, B. Brownell, M., Israel, M. & Kamman, M. (2013). Survival Guide for First-Year Special Education Teachers, Jossey Bass: San Francisco, CA
Billingsley, B. (2005). Cultivating and keeping committed special educators: What principals and district administrators can do (pp. 1-230). Corwin Press: Thousand Oaks, CA. (co-published with the Council for Exceptional Children).
Crockett, J., Billingsley, B., & Boscardin, M.L. (Eds.). (2012). Handbook of Leadership & Administration for Special Education, Routledge, Taylor-Francis: New York, NY.
Articles and Book Chapters
Rock, M. & Billingsley, B. (2013). From Metaphorically Speaking to Acting Boldly, Teacher Education and Special Education, 37(1), 71-76.
Billingsley, B., Israel, M. & Smith, S. (2011). Supporting New Teachers: How Online Resources and Web 2.0 Technologies Can Help. Teaching Exceptional Children, 43(5), 20-29.
Billingsley, B. (2010). Work contexts matter: Considerations for improving new special educators’ experiences in schools. The Journal of Special Education Leadership, 23(1), 41-49.
Rock, M. & Billingsley, B. (2015). Who Makes a Difference! Next Generation Special Education Workforce Renewal. In B. Bateman, M. Tankersley, & J. Lloyd. (Eds). Issues in Special Education.