Reading Day Training Opportunities
December 7, 2020
Technology-enhanced Learning and Online Strategies (TLOS) is offering several professional development opportunities on December 10 (Reading Day).
Most notable among these is a faculty panel in which four faculty members honored for Outstanding Remote Teaching by TLOS this past spring will discuss their move to online learning, followed by a question-and-answer session. Annie Stevens, an assistant professor of percussion in the School of Performing Arts, is among the panelists.
The full list of courses includes:
- Canvas CORE: Critical Online Readiness Elements (9:00 to 10:00 a.m.)
- Intro to Online Teaching Certification and Evaluation (10:00 to 11:00 a.m.)
- Make Your Digital Life Safer and Easier: Good Passwords (10:00 to 11:00 a.m.)
- Outstanding Remote Teaching: A Faculty Panel (11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.)
- Zoom for Teaching (1:00 to 2:00 p.m.)
- Make Your Digital Life Safer and Easier: Multi-factor Authentication (1:30 to 2:20 p.m.)
- Canvas: Tests and Grades (2:00 to 3:00 p.m.)
- Make Your Digital Life Safer and Easier: Safe Browsing (2:30 to 3:30 p.m.)
- Tech Trends in Higher Education: Choose Accessible Learning Materials (C.A.L.M.) (3:00 to 4:00 p.m.)
To enroll in the courses, visit the Professional Development Network catalog.