Exemplary Advising Award Nominations
November 4, 2020
Virginia Tech sponsors four Exemplary Advising Awards annually in an effort to recognize the outstanding efforts of faculty and professional advisors and the role they play in retaining students and developing an advising partnership which fosters a supportive environment.
More information is available at www.advising.vt.edu.
Nomination deadline for all awards is Nov. 15.
Each year, the university recognizes the importance of advising excellence through four Exemplary Advising Awards.
- Alumni Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Academic Advising*
- Alumni Award for Excellence in Graduate Academic Advising*
- Provost’s Award for Excellence in Advising*
- Award for Excellence in Career Advising
A description for each award can be found here. Please read before submitting a nomination.
To make a nomination, complete the online nomination here by Nov. 15.
- This form is also available at www.advising.vt.edu, under the Awards and Recognition menu and Advising Awards and Nomination Submission Form.
- At this time, the nomination form is the ONLY item being accepted. Once the deadline for nominations has passed, the nominee’s department head will be notified in order to solicit their support in submitting a complete dossier to be reviewed by the selection committee.
*An individual who has received any one of these awards is ineligible for another major award for a period of seven years and can receive any particular award only once.
If you have any questions regarding the nomination submission process, please send an email to email@example.com.