Introduction to Virginia Tech’s Proposal Submission Process
December 17, 2020
Join pre-award associates in the Office of Sponsored Programs for a virtual session on the proposal submission process at Virginia Tech. The session, which will take place January 13, 2021, from 9 to 11 a.m., is intended especially for experienced researchers new to the university, new faculty members, and staff members who assist with proposals. This two-hour review will help answer questions about the details of submitting a proposal through the Office of Sponsored Programs.
Topics will include:
Basic components common to most proposals;
- How budgeting is done at Virginia Tech to meet federal and university requirements;
- Roles and responsibilities of principal investigators, departmental proposal team members, and pre-award associates;
- Various ways proposals get submitted to potential sponsors;
- Procedures for transferring an existing award to Virginia Tech;
- Summit, the university’s electronic research administration system;
- Internal deadlines versus sponsor deadlines; and
- Additional OVPRI resources.
Pre-award associates will be available to answer questions after the session.
Register by Friday, January 8, at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf3mqC56PohYMhGGbs4zzQ_Z_hBJOvpWu0v8TkwW0bxwwOQGQ/viewform.