Department of English
214 Shanks Hall
181 Turner St. NW
Blacksburg, VA 24061
540-231-6739 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Traci Gardner is an Instructor in the Department of English.
- Professional and technical writing
- Digital literacy
- Multimodal composition
- Social media
- Online pedagogy
- M.A. English, Virginia Tech.
- B.A. English, Virginia Tech.
- Professional and Technical Writing Committee, Department of English
- NCTE Outreach and Communications Network
- CWPA Digital WPA Committee
- Innovation in General Education Scholar, Technology-enhanced Learning and Online Strategies (TLOS), Virginia Tech, 2015–2016
- Kairos / Bedford St. Martin's Award for Teaching, 2015
Designing Writing Assignments. Urbana, IL: NCTE, 2008.
Daedalus Style Handbook for Online Writers. Austin: The Daedalus Group, Inc., 1998.
Professional Communities at Work: Engaging Media-Savvy Students Topical Resource Kit (editor). Urbana, IL: NCTE, 2005.
“Teaching Digital Natives,” Bedford Bits (blog). Boston: Bedford/St. Martin’s, March 2009 to present. Formerly titled “Teaching in the 21st Century.”
“Access/ibility: Access and Usability for Digital Publishing,” Kairos: A Journal of Rhetoric, Technology, and Pedagogy 20(2): January 2016. (co-authored with Douglas Eyman, Cheryl E. Ball, Jeremy Boggs, Amanda K. Booher, Elkie Burnside, Scott Lloyd DeWitt, Jason Dockter, Jay Dolmage, Sara Georgi, Hal Hinderliter, Susan Ivey, Michael Keller, Rachael Kelley, Sarah Kennedy, Rebecca Kennison, Pamela McClanahan, Alex Ries, Kassi Roberts, Melanie Schlosser, Karl Stolley, John Paul Walter, George H. Williams, Melanie Yergeau, and Sean Zdenek).
“Highlighting Out-of-School Language Expertise with Pop Culture Dictionaries,” ReadWriteThink, May 2015.
Select Media Mentions
Recent Academic News