Department of English
416 Shanks Hall
181 Turner Street NW
Blacksburg, VA 24061 | email@example.com
Carolyn Commer's Website
Carolyn Commer is an assistant professor in the Department of English.
- Classical and Modern Rhetorical Theory
- Rhetoric and Public Policy
- Critical Theory
- Argumentation Theory
- Critical University Studies
- Professional and Technical Writing
- PhD, Carnegie Mellon University
- MA, St. John's College
- BA, The Evergreen State College
Commer, Carolyn. “Rivaling the Rhetoric of Accountability: Dissociation as an Advocacy Strategy in U.S. Higher Education Policy.” Argumentation and Advocacy. Vol. 57, No. 1 (2021): 18–36.
Teagarden, Alexis, Carolyn Commer, Ana Cooke, and Justin Mando. “Intellectual Risk in the Writing Classroom: Navigating Tensions in Educational Values and Classroom Practice.” Composition Studies 46.2 (2018): 116–136.
- 3324: Acts of Interpretation
- 3804: Technical Editing and Style
- 5024: Critical Theory
- 6314: Classical Rhetoric in Written Communication
- 6324: Modern Western Rhetoric
Select Media Mentions
Recent Academic News