Department of English
211 Shanks Hall
180 Turner Street, NW
Blacksburg, VA 24061
540-231-6568 | email@example.com
Steve Oakey is a senior instructor in the Department of English.
- Composition and Rhetoric
- Literature and Cinema/Documentary Studies
- Postcolonial Literature/Black Atlantic Studies
- MA in English, Virginia Tech
- BA in English, Tusculum College
- GTA Advisor
- Instructor Concerns Committee
- Virginia Tech XCaliber Award, Co-recipient, March 2011
“Chapter Two: Critical Thinking and Reading.” Writing at Virginia Tech: Written, Spoken, and Visual Communication.” New York: Bedford Publishing, 2016.
Mengert, Julie, and Steve Oakey. Teaching Manual for Reading Culture, Eighth Edition. Boston: Pearson Publishing, 2011.
Conference Paper, “Professionalizing Graduate Teaching Assistants: How Advisors Support Successful Writing Instruction,” April 2016 CCCC, Houston, TX.
Conference Paper, “The Cultural Expressions of Soccer: The Tango, Strength, Efficiency, and La Belle France,” April 2004, Popular Culture Association National Annual Conference, San Antonio, TX.
Select Media Mentions
Recent Academic News