- Composition and Rhetoric
- Literature and Cinema/Documentary Studies
- Postcolonial Literature/Black Atlantic Studies
- GTA Advisor
- Instructor Concerns Committee
- M.A. in English, Virginia Tech
- B.A. in English, Tusculum College
Awards and Honors
Virginia Tech XCaliber Award, Co-recipient, March 2011
“Chapter Two: Critical Thinking and Reading.” Writing at Virginia Tech: Written, Spoken, and Visual Communication.” New York: Bedford Publishing, 2016.
Mengert, Julie, and Steve Oakey. Teaching Manual for Reading Culture, Eighth Edition. Boston: Pearson Publishing, 2011.
Conference Paper, “Professionalizing Graduate Teaching Assistants: How Advisors Support Successful Writing Instruction,” April 2016 CCCC, Houston, TX.
Conference Paper, “The Cultural Expressions of Soccer: The Tango, Strength, Efficiency, and La Belle France,” April 2004, Popular Culture Association National Annual Conference, San Antonio, TX.