Department of English
312 Shanks Hall
181 Turner Street, NW
Blacksburg, VA 24061
540-231-2374 | email@example.com
Charlene Eska is a professor in the Department of English.
- Early Irish Law
- Celtic Studies
- Medieval Literature
- PhD, Harvard University
- MA, Harvard University
- MSt, University of Oxford
- ALB, Harvard Extension School
- President, Celtic Studies Association of North America
- Certificate of Teaching Excellence Award, College of Liberal Arts and Human Sciences, 2014
A Raven’s Battle-Cry: The Limits of Judgment in the Medieval Irish Legal Tract Anfuigell. Leiden: Brill, 2019.
Cáin Lánamna: An Old Irish Tract on Marriage and Divorce Law. Leiden: Brill, 2010. xix, 377.
- “Four Marginalia from Trinity College, Dublin MS 1433 [E.3.5].” Studia Celtica 49 (2015): 115–20.
- “Celtic and Germanic Light on Hittite Divorce Law.” Journal of Indo-European Studies 40 (2012): 300–14.
- “Varieties of Early Irish Legal Literature and the Cáin Lánamna Fragments.” Viator: Medieval and Renaissance Studies 40, no.1 (2009): 1–16.
- “Rewarding Informers in Cáin Domnaig and the Laws of Wihtred.” Cambrian Medieval Celtic Studies 52 (2006): 1–11.
- American Philosophical Society Franklin Research Grant, Summer 2015. ($6,000)
Recent Academic News