Department of English
181 Turner Street NW
Blacksburg, VA 24061
Dr. Patcha-Lum is an instructor of Technical writing in the Department of English. She has a PhD in Rhetoric and Composition from the University of Texas at El Paso, with an emphasis in multimodal literacies and user experience. She also has an MS in Rhetoric and Technical Communication from Michigan Technological University, and a BSc in Journalism and Mass Communication from the University of Buea in Cameroon, West Africa.
Her goal as a professional is to build relationships and programs founded on a commitment to ethics and diversity in the study and practice of technical and professional writing, multimodal and cultural literacies and participatory action research.
- Visual Methodologies
- First-Year Composition
- Participatory Action Research
- Technical and Professional Writing
- Cultural Rhetorics/Feminism and Public Life
- PhD in Rhetoric and Composition, The University of Texas at El Paso (UTEP)
- MS in Rhetoric and Technical Communication, Michigan Technological University (MTU)
- Bsc in Journalism and Mass Communication, University of Buea (UB) – Cameroon.
- Assistant Director of Rhetoric and Composition graduate program (UTEP), (2017-18)
- Program Officer, Frontera Rhetorica (Rhetoric Society of America – UTEP Chapter), (2017-18)
- Member, Association of Teachers of Technical Writing (ATTW)
- Career Preparation Summer Scholarship, UTEP, El Paso 2017 & 2018
- Research Methods Workshop Scholarship, Association of Teachers of Technical Writing (ATTW), 2018
- Graduate Summer Research Grant, UTEP, El Paso 2016
- University of Buea scholarship award for academic Excellence (UB), 2010 & 2011