Department of English
308 Shanks Hall
181 Turner Street NW
Blacksburg, VA 24061
540-231-8467 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Nancy Metz is a professor in the Department of English.
- Charles Dickens
- Victorian Fiction
- Nineteenth-Century Medical and Scientific Contexts
- Nineteenth-Century Transatlantic Encounters
- Ph.D. University of Michigan
- College of Liberal Arts and Human Sciences Excellence in Administration, 2008
- Diggs Teaching Scholar, 1996
- Certificates of Teaching Excellence, 1981, 1991
The Companion to Martin Chuzzlewit. East Sussex: Helm International. 2001.
- “Pickwick Plumbs the Hampstead Ponds: Chapter One in its Scientific Contexts,” Dickens Quarterly. 32.4 (December 2015), 283-292.
- Metz, Nancy. ""Coming To His Senses About America: Dickens in 1842"." English (Oxford) 63.241 (2014): 97-114.
- “Recent Dickens Studies: 2010,” Dickens Studies Annual. 43 (New York: AMS Press, 2012): 261-358.
Select Media Mentions
Recent Academic News