Hanna (Netta) Baker
Department of English
323 Shanks Hall
181 Turner St. NW
Blacksburg, VA 24061
540-231-4729 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Netta Baker is an Instructor in the Department of English.
- First-Year Writing Curriculum Development
- Writing Assessment Theory & Practice
- Second Language Writing Instruction
- Instructional Design and Technology
- Popular Romance Studies
- Master’s in English, Kansas State University
- Bachelor’s in English, Kansas State University
- Member, International Association for the Study of Popular Romance
- Member, National Association for Teachers of English
- Member, Rhetoric Society of America
“English Language Learners in the Composition Classroom: Leveraging Instructional Design Methods to Improve Outcomes.” Corridors: The Blue Ridge Writing & Rhetoric Conference, Blacksburg, Virginia, 2019.
“Chapter Eight: Developing an Argument.” Composition at Virginia Tech: A Rhetoric and Reader for Good Writing, Bedford, 2016.
“The Visual Rhetoric of the Popular Romance Cover.” Fiction & Film, Kansas State University, 2012.
- ENGL 1106: First-Year Writing: Writing from Research
- ENGL 1105: First-Year Writing: Introduction to College Writing
Select Media Mentions
Recent Academic News