Department of English
301 Shanks Hall
181 Turner Street NW
Blacksburg, VA 24061
540-231-6513 | email@example.com
Jennifer Mooney is a Senior Instructor in the Department of English.
- Document design, graphic design
- Technical/professional writing
- Victorian literature
- Women writers, medieval-19th century
- Appalachian literature
- Ph.D. in 19th Century British Literature, University of Kentucky
- B.A. in Literature, University of Virginia at Wise
- Scheduling, English.
- Recruiting, English.
- Advisory Committee, English.
- Instructor Concerns Committee, English. Ex Officio
- Freelance design, promotional and other materials. Various campus clients.
- Certificate of Teaching Excellence, College of Liberal Arts and Human Sciences. 2010.
- Provost’s Alumni Award for Advising. 2006.
- College of Liberal Arts and Human Sciences Advising Award. 2005.
- “‘Room is Made for Whoever’: Jo Carson and the Creation of Dialogical Community.” Her Words: Contemporary Appalachian Women's Poetry. Ed. Felicia Mitchell. University of Tennessee Press. 69-89. 2002.
- “Thank Heaven for Little Girls.” Men in Wonderland: the Lost Girlhood of the Victorian Gentleman. Catherine Robson. Review 25. 117-27. 2003.
- “Reinventing Mrs. Gaskell.” Victorian Publishing and Mrs. Gaskell’s Works. Linda K. Hughes and Michael Lund. Review 24, 61-79. 2002.
- “Lost to Liberty: Other Slaves in Charles Dickens’s American Notes,” Dickens Quarterly. 1990.
- Transitioning the PechaKucha from the Composition to the Technical Writing Classroom.” English Department Faculty Colloquy Series. Virginia Tech. 2014.
- “Visually Mapping Social Activism for a Broad Audience: Barbara Johns and the 1951 Moton High School Strike.” Annual Meeting of the International Visual Literacy Association. 2012.
- “Place and the Shaping of Visual Literacy: The Case of Shelby Lee Adams’ Appalachian Photography.” Annual Meeting of the International Visual Literacy Association. 2011.
- “Technological Literacy in the Undergraduate Curriculum: Why and How Should We Teach Tools?” Third Annual Conference on Higher Education Pedagogy. Virginia Tech. Co-Presenters: Eva Brumberger and Evan Snider. 2011.
- The Old Maid. Edith Wharton. New York: Random House. 2003.
- Dombey and Son. Charles Dickens. New York: Random House. 2003.
- Bleak House. Charles Dickens. New York: Random House. 2002.
- Our Mutual Friend. Charles Dickens. New York: Random House. 2002.
- Belanger, Kelly (Principal Investigator), Mooney, Jennifer (Supporting Investigator). "Grant Writing Incentive Proposal: Barbara Johns Equality in Education Project." College of Liberal Arts and Human Sciences. $9,625. Awarded: March 2013.
- Belanger, Kelly (Principal Investigator), Mooney, Jennifer (Supporting Investigator), Smith, Larissa Fergeson (Consultant). "Barbara Johns Equality in Education Project.” Virginia Foundation for the Humanities. $5,000. Completed: September 2012.
- Brumberger, Eva; Jennifer Mooney; Evan Snider. “Developing a 1-Hour Visual Communication Lab Course for the Professional Writing Program.” CIDER. $3000. Completed: May 2011.
Select Media Mentions
Recent Academic News