Department of English
217 Shanks Hall
181 Turner Street NW
Blacksburg, VA 24061
540-231-5352 | email@example.com
Julie Mengert is a senior instructor in the Department of English.
- Writing and Rhetoric
- Technical Communication
- Professional Activities
- Coordinator of GTA Education
- Senior Instructor
- Composition Committee
- MA in English, Virginia Tech
- BS in Psychology, Virginia Tech
- Certificate of Teaching Excellence, February 2011, College of Liberal Arts and Human Science
- XCaliber Award Co-Recipient, March 2011
- “Chapter Five: Grammar and Style.” Writing at Virginia Tech: Written, Spoken, and Visual Communication. New York: Bedford Publishing, 2016.
- Copy Editor, Department of English. Writing at Virginia Tech: Written, Spoken, and Visual Communication. Boston: Pearson Custom Publishing, 2014.
- “Professionalizing Graduate Teaching Assistants: How Advisors Support Successful Writing Instruction,” April 2016 CCCC, Houston, Texas
- “The Working Relationship Between Graduate Teaching Assistants and Their Advisors: How to Professionalize GTAs’ Pedagogical Tactics,” July 2014 CWPA Conference, Normal, Illinois
- “Using Visual Rhetoric to Encourage Higher Levels of Student Knowledge,” April 2008 CCCC, New Orleans, Louisiana
Select Media Mentions
Recent Academic News