- Ethnic Health Disparities
- Social Policy
- Criminal Justice
- Director, Race and Social Policy Research Center, Virginia Tech
- Africana Studies Program, University of Tennessee - Knoxville, former Director
- Urban Child Research Center, Cleveland State University, former Director
- The William Monroe Trotter Insitute, former Director
- Institute for Urban Research, Morgan State University, former Director
- Ph.D. Boston University
- M.A. Boston University
- B.S. Alabama State University
Awards and Honors
Prostate Net Award (PHTV team), New York City (2005)
Regional Television Emmy Award, Cleveland, Ohio (2003, 2000)
National Headliners Award, 2nd Place for Public Service (PHTV team with WEWS TV) (2000)
Reed, W. and Byrd, C. The Continuing Cost of Labor Market Discrimination (forthcoming, Lexington Press)
Reed, W. Medical Care Choice Behavior of Medicare Beneficiaries (in press, Mellen Press)
Reed, W., Byrd, C., and Graves, E. “Class-Based Policies Are Not A Remedy for Racial Inequality.” The Chronicle of Higher Education, Diversity in Academe, September 25, 2011, B36-37.
Reed, W. and Louis, B. “’No More Excuses’: Problematic Responses to Barack Obama’s Election.” Journal of African American Studies, 2009: 13(2): 97-109.
Reed, W. “Framing the Discussion of Racism,” In Z. Williams, et al. (eds.) Africana Cultures and Policy Studies. New York, NY: Palgrave (2009).
Reed, W. “The Black Golf Caddy: A Victim of Labor Market Discrimination,” Challenge (2009), Vol. 14 (1): 61-71.
Co-PI, “Navigating Low-Income African Americans through Cancer Clinical Trials” (Funded by the National Cancer Institute, 2007-2008, $99,136)
Co-PI, “Patient Navigator Video Training for Cancer in Low-Income African Americans” (Funded by the National Cancer Institute, 2006-2007, $99,643)
Co-Investigator, “Latino Faith-Based Cancer Outreach,” (Funded by the National Cancer Institute, 2004-2005, $138,723).
- Labor Market Discrimination Book
- Blacks in Virginia Book
- Lead Poisoning and Violence