- Health and Aging
- Chinese Culture
- Quantitative Methods
- Journal of Sociological Methodology, former Editorial Assistant
- American Sociological Association
- Population Association of America
- Southern Sociological Society
- Gerontological Society of America
- Ph.D. University of Michigan
- M.A. University of Michigan
- M.A. Peking University
- B.S. Peking University
Awards and Honors
2008 Rackham One-Term Dissertation Fellowship. University of Michigan, Ann Arbor.
2006-2007 Rackham Conference Travel Grants. University of Michigan, Ann Arbor.
2007 Travel grant. Department of Sociology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor.
Feng, Qiushi, Haiyan Zhu, Zhihong Zhen, and Danan Gu. Forthcoming. “Self-rated Health, Interviewer-rated Health, and Their Predictive Powers on Mortality in Old Age." Journal of Gerontology: Social Sciences. (Online first).
Zhu, Haiyan and Danan Gu. 2011. “The Protective Effect of Marriage on Health and Survival: Does It Persistent at Oldest-old Ages?” Journal of Population Ageing 3: 161-182.
Xie, Yu and Haiyan Zhu. 2009. “Do Sons or Daughters Give More Money to Parents in Urban China?” Journal of Marriage and Family 71: 174-186.
Gu, Danan, Matthew Dupre, Jessica Sautter, Haiyan Zhu, Yuzhi Liu, and Yi Zeng. 2009. “Frailty and Mortality among Chinese at Advanced Ages.” Journal of Gerontology: Social Sciences 64(B): 279-289.
- Socioeconomic Differentials in Health in Later Life