Department of Sociology
650 McBryde Hall
225 Stanger Street
Blacksburg, VA 24061
540-231-9641 | email@example.com
Dr. Haiyan Zhu is an associate professor in the Department of Sociology.
- Health and Aging
- Chinese Culture
- Quantitative Methods
- PhD, University of Michigan
- MA, University of Michigan
- MA, Peking University
- BS, Peking University
- Journal of Sociological Methodology, former Editorial Assistant
- American Sociological Association
- Population Association of America
- Southern Sociological Society
- Gerontological Society of America
- 2008 Rackham One-Term Dissertation Fellowship. University of Michigan, Ann Arbor.
- 2006-2007 Rackham Conference Travel Grants. University of Michigan, Ann Arbor.
- 2007 Travel grant. Department of Sociology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor.
Feng, Qiushi, Haiyan Zhu, Zhihong Zhen, and Danan Gu. Forthcoming. “Self-rated Health, Interviewer-rated Health, and Their Predictive Powers on Mortality in Old Age." Journal of Gerontology: Social Sciences. (Online first).
Zhu, Haiyan and Danan Gu. 2011. “The Protective Effect of Marriage on Health and Survival: Does It Persistent at Oldest-old Ages?” Journal of Population Ageing 3: 161-182.
Xie, Yu and Haiyan Zhu. 2009. “Do Sons or Daughters Give More Money to Parents in Urban China?” Journal of Marriage and Family 71: 174-186.
Gu, Danan, Matthew Dupre, Jessica Sautter, Haiyan Zhu, Yuzhi Liu, and Yi Zeng. 2009. “Frailty and Mortality among Chinese at Advanced Ages.” Journal of Gerontology: Social Sciences 64(B): 279-289.
- Current Projects: Socioeconomic Differentials in Health in Later Life
Select Media Mentions