Dr. Donna Sedgwick is an associate professor in the Department of Sociology.
- Public Organizations
- Policy Process
- Public Administration
- Social Policy
- Evaluation Research
- Ph.D., Virginia Tech
- M.S., Clemson University
- B.A., Miami University
- Internship Coordinator and Career Advisor, Deparment of Sociology, Virginia Tech
- Advisor, Alpha Kappa Delta -International Sociology Honor Society
- AnMed Health, former Market Research Analyst
- Undergraduate Teaching Excellence Award, May 2014, Virginia Tech, Department of Sociology
- Larry Terry PhD Student Paper Award, 2012 Virginia Tech, Center for Public Administration & Policy
- Award for Excellence in Career Advising, 2011 Virginia Tech, Career Services
Sedgwick, D. (2014). "Managing Collaborative Paradox: Examining Collaboration between Head Start & the Virginia Preschool Initiative." Administration & Society, DOI: 10.1177/0095399714532269.
- Bradburn, Isabel (co-PI), James Hawdon (co-PI), and Donna Sedgwick. “An Evaluation of Virginia’s Pre-School Initiative Program, Phase II” Funded for $25,000 for 8 months from the Virginia Department of Education. Level of responsibility, 20%. January 2008.
- Bradburn, Isabel (co-PI), James Hawdon (co-PI), and Donna Sedgwick. “An Evaluation of Virginia’s Pre-School Initiative Program” Funded for $125,000 for one year from the Virginia Department of Education. Level of responsibility, 20%. July 2007.
- AnMed Health, Greenville Hospital System, Spartanburg Hospital System, & St. Francis Hospital System. Hablamos Juntos. A Robert Wood Johnson grant to provide access to healthcare for the Latino/Hispanic Population. Part of the grantwriting and grant-implementation team as an AnMed employee. $500,000. 2002.
Select Media Mentions
Recent Academic News