J. Micah Roos
Department of Sociology
560 McBryde Hall
225 Stanger Street
Blacksburg, VA 24061
540-231-8971 | email@example.com
Dr. J. Micah Roos is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Sociology.
- Quantitative Methods
- Sociology of Knowledge and Culture
- Science and Religion
- Comparing different fit indices in structural equation models
- Uniform and non-uniform differential item functioning in confirmatory factor analysis models
- Multidimensional measurement models for racial attitudes
- Testing item bias in measures of science knowledge
- Ph.D., University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
- M.A., East Carolina University
- B.A., North Carolina State University
- Southern Sociological Society
- American Sociological Association
Roos, J Micah. 2017.“Contested Knowledge and Spillover.” Social Currents 4(4):360-379.
Manglos, Nicolette, Margarita Mooney, Kenneth Bollen, and J Micah Roos. 2016. “Relationships with God among Young Adults.” Sociology of Religion 77(1):193-213.
Nielsen, Francois and J Micah Roos. 2015. “Genetics of Educational Attainment and the Persistence of Privilege at the Turn of the 21st Century.” Social Forces 94(2):535-561.
Roos, J Micah. 2014. “Measuring Science or Religion? A measurement analysis of the NSF sponsored science literacy scale 2006-2010.” Public Understanding of Science 23(7):797- 813.
Select Media Mentions