Office of Instructional Technology
The Office of Instructional Technology (OIT) is a part of the School of Education at Virginia Tech. It oversees many of the school's teaching and meeting spaces, including the Educational Technology Lab (ETLab) or the Office of Instructional Technology Lab (OITLab), the STEM Collaboratory Lab, the Educational Research and Evaluation Lab, etc. We are here to help you with any of your technology needs related to teaching, research, and discovery. Our labs are well equipped with multimedia development machines and software, and devices to use in a classroom setting for teaching and research.
Out of an abundance of caution as well as remaining in compliance with the university’s COVID-19 policies and measures, the OIT lab (CRC 2113) has halted most of its physical operation until further notice. That is, with the exception of pre-scheduled equipment check-out services, all other instructional support will be delivered exclusively online. Please see the items below for additional details.
Both the physical and online OIT lab will be open to cover class hours Monday through Friday. During “lab hours”, faculty, staff, and students may either schedule a physical visit to the lab by email or by phone call or visit the online OIT lab via Zoom to obtain “live” support.
The schedule for the OIT Lab (CRC 2113) is shown in the table below.
|Day||Hours of Operation|
|Monday||8:30 am - 12:00 pm|
|Tuesday||8:30 am - 12:00 pm|
|Friday||12:30 am - 5:00 pm|
|Day||Hours of Operation||Recurring Zoom Room URL|
|Monday||9:00 am - 6:00 pm (OIT Lab GAs)||Recurring Zoom Room|
|9:00 am - 7:00 pm (EDRE GAs)|
|Tuesday||8:30 am - 5:00 pm (OIT Lab GAs)|
|9:00 am - 7:00 pm (EDRE GAs)|
|Wednesday||9:00 am - 5:00 pm (OIT Lab GAs)|
|9:00 am - 3:00 pm (EDRE GAs)|
|Thursday||9:00 am - 5:00 pm (OIT Lab GAs)|
|9:00 am - 1:00 pm (EDRE GAs)|
Alternative Virginia Tech Technology Services
Questions regarding Canvas, Zoom, Kaltura, and Accessibility can be addressed by TLOS experts in the following ways.
Questions regarding accounts, network, and research assistance, etc. can also be handled timely by submitting a ticket. Two-factor authentication is required to log in to request IT services.
Requests for equipment check-out can be forwarded to email@example.com at least 48 hours prior to the desired pickup date/time at CRC. Confirmation of equipment availability, pickup date/time will be made within 24 hours.
Note: Per SOE policy, laptops must remain on the premises at all times; that is, they will not be available for checkout.
- Digital Camera
- Video Camera
- PC Transcription Kit
- Voice Recorder
Note. Per SOE policy, laptops must remain on the premises at all times; that is, they will not be available for checkout.
- The equipment loan service is provided free of charge to currently employed SOE faculty, staff and currently enrolled SOE students.
- Normal loan period is no longer than a week. Request for extended use should be forwarded to OIT lab via email.
- Users are expected to treat all equipment with the utmost responsibility and care.
- Users are responsible for safe and timely return of the equipment in person.
- At the end of the loan period, all files must be removed from the loaned equipment. All data added by user will be erased when the equipment is returned to the OITLab.
- Careless handling of equipment, repeated lateness in return of loaned equipment, or abuse of equipment checkout policy will result in students losing their checkout privileges for one semester.
- If the equipment is broken during the loan time, the client should return the equipment to the OIT lab without attempting to make repairs.
- Under no circumstances should any equipment be transferred to anybody other than the borrower. All equipment transfers must be handled through OIT lab.
- Requests for equipment check-out can be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 48 hours prior to the desired pickup date/time at CRC. Confirmation of equipment availability, pickup date/time will be made within 24 hours.
- Students should present a valid Hokie passport at checkout.
- Equipment is checked in only during posted lab hours.
- All equipment must be returned by the due date.
- Users are responsible for returning all equipment received in the same proper working condition as it was issued. OITLab GAs will assess the condition of equipment upon its return.
- Clients are required to report any problems experienced in use to the OIT lab.
- Clients can renew the equipment up to twice. Please send a renewal request to email@example.com before the due date. The renewal of is contingent on the availability of equipment.
- Extended use of any equipment needs to be approved by the OIT lab. Please send an extension request to firstname.lastname@example.org for further consideration. Requests for extended loan may be approved or declined based on demand and availability of equipment.
Alternative Virginia Tech Equipment Loan Service: Media Design Studio A
Located at Newman Library, Media Design Studio A offers technology lending and seven iMac workstations for members of the Virginia Tech campus community. Please visit their website for more details about the available equipment and equipment loan service.
Software shown in the table below can be accessed remotely via VPN offered through Virginia Tech's Technology-Enhanced Learning and Online Strategies (TLOS) and/or the OITLab. The use of SOE/OIT software is restricted to SOE faculty, staff and students exclusively. SOE personnel must pre-register their university-assigned email address by clicking here.
Currently, there are six (6) remotely available computers offered through SOE/OIT. Each user MUST SCHEDULE access to a lab computer by sending an email to email@example.com. The maximum time for each access is 2 hours (i.e., on a first-come, first-serve basis, depending upon availability). Extended use of the computer may be granted upon request.
VPN Setup Tutorials
|Adobe Creative Suite||VPN|
The OIT lab offers poster printing service to SOE faculty and staff ONLY for conferences/presentations/wall posters.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The EDRE Lab provides consulting services to students and faculty in the School of Education. Consultation is available relating to research and evaluation design, instrument development, and quantitative and qualitative data analysis. The lab is staffed by graduate students in the EDRE Program who are supervised and guided by faculty members in the EDRE Program. Consultation is provided on a walk-in basis.
EDRE Workshop Archive
- ANOVA in SPSS, Youjin Lee, March 24, 2021. Zoom recording. Presentation file.
- Hypothesis Testing and Confidence Interval, Madhu Kapania, February 25, 2021. Zoom recording. Presentation file.
- Regression Analysis Using SPSS, Abdulaziz Alenezi, November 17, 2020.
- Descriptive Statistics in Excel and SPSS, Youjin Lee, October 8, 2020. Zoom recording. Presentation file.
- Moderation Analysis Using SPSS, Abdulaziz Alenezi, April 22, 2020.
- ANOVA in Excel, Youjin Lee, March 26, 2020. Presentation file 1, Presentation file 2, Presentation file 3
- T-Statistics in SPSS, Madhu Kapania, February 28th, 2020.