Tuition Discount for Virginia K-12 Educators
The Virginia Tech School of Education (SOE) is delighted to offer a tuition discount to Virginia educators. The discount is 25% off the university’s approved rate for in-state graduate students (go to https://www.bursar.vt.edu/tuition-fee-rates/tuition-fees.html for current rate information). The discount is available to Virginia educators who meet the requirements outlined below.
How to apply
- Review the eligibility requirements below.
- Download the application form from the Graduate School to begin the application process.
- Complete the form fully.
- Mail and/or fax the form to the Virginia Tech Graduate School. The delivery information is on the form.
- One of the questions on the form asks for your principal or chief administrative officer's contact information. As part of the application process, we may contact them to ask for verification that you are a permanently hired employee at a school located in Virginia. Please ensure that you obtain their signature on the form before submitting it.
This discount is available to teachers, counselors, administrators, and supervisors who teach Kindergarten through grade 12 in public or private schools in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Courses may be taken for re-certification or in pursuit of a degree.
The following eligibility guidelines apply:
- Kindergarten through grade 12 public and private school teachers, counselors, administrators, supervisors, librarians, coaches, and other support staff are eligible.
- Eligible personnel must be full-time contractual employees of a public school division or private school within the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Individuals on official leave from their assignments are eligible for reduced tuition.
- There is no restriction on the number of hours that can be taken.
- Courses for which educators request reduced tuition must be for professional development, not for planned career changes outside of education.