Sophia Tingting Zhao
Department of Modern and Classical Languages and Literatures
316 Major Williams Hall
220 Stanger Street
Blacksburg, VA 24061
540-231-5362 | email@example.com
Sophia Tingting Zhao is an assistant professor of Chinese in the Department of Modern and Classical Languages and Literatures.
- Chinese Literature
- Chinese Theater
- Chinese Cinema
- Urban Culture
- Mei Lanfang
- PhD in East Asian Languages and Cultures, Stanford University
- Director, Chinese Program
- Association for Asian Studies
- Association for Asian Performance
- Chinese Oral and Performing Literature
- Emerging Scholar Award, The Association for Asian Performance
- Visiting Scholar, Harvard University
- Dissertation Research Grant, Stanford University
明代咏崑曲詩歌選注 (Ming Dynasty Poetry on Kun Opera: An Annotated Anthology, co-authored). Xiuwei Publishing Co., 2014.
荔鏡記 (Tale of Lychee and Mirror, co-authored). Sanmin shuju, 2014.
“Reorienting the Gaze in Mei Lanfang’s Lyrical Theatre: Performing Female Interiority.” Asian Theatre Journal, vol. 33, no. 2, 2016, pp. 395–419.
Select Media Mentions
Recent Academic News