Jay Michael Layne
- Early 20th Century German Literature and Culture
- Popular Representations of Sexual Violence
- German Intellectual History
- Ph.D. University of Michigan
- M.A. Portland State University
- B.A. Portland State University
Awards and Honors
Education Abroad Mini-Grant, Virginia Tech, 2014.
“Aether, Psychology, and Sexual Violence: Aether as Medium between Science and the Supernatural in Karl Hans Strobl’s ‘Das Grabmal auf dem Père Lachaise’.” German Studies Association Conference in Louisville, KY. 25 Sept. 2011.
“Peter Kürten in Gothic City: Uncanny Spaces in the Serial Killer Reportage of 1929.” Shippensburg University Modern Language Conference. 25 April 2010.
“The Ruins of Analysis: Reading Freud Reading Gradiva against a Contemporary Popular Lustmord Tale.” Kentucky Foreign Language Conference. 16 April 2010.