Department of Modern and Classical Languages and Literatures
220 Stanger St.
Blacksburg, VA 24061
404-510-4379 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Ragheda Nassereddine is a full time Arabic instructor at the Department of Modern and Classical Languages. She is also the director of the Arabic Study Abroad Program, VT Arabic Oman, an intensive immersion summer program she implemented since 2017. Ragheda is passionate about teaching and has taught all levels of Arabic language and culture. She has broad experience in teacher training, curriculum development, and research in educational leadership.
Immediately prior to joining Virginia Tech, Ragheda taught Arabic at the Georgia Institute of Technology. In addition to expanding the elementary and intermediate Arabic language curriculum at Georgia Tech, she designed and taught a course on Arabic culture “Arab Art, Science, Technology and Culture during 700-1200AD” and implemented Service-Learning volunteer activities to her intermediate classes.
Outside the classroom, Ragheda is deeply committed to enhancing the VT student experience and a promoter for Arabic culture on campus. She organizes the Arabic Coffee Hour events in cooperation with the VT Arabic Student Club. She is also currently the faculty advisor for SPJP at VT.
A firm believer in lifelong learning, Ragheda attends educational and career development workshops and conferences such as the MESA and ACTFL conferences. She’s attended the Conference on Higher Education Pedagogy organized by the Center of Excellence in Teaching and Learning (previously CIDER) at Virginia Tech since 2016.
- Ph.D., Educational Administration, Lebanese University, Beirut (2015)
- D.H.E., Educational Leadership, Lebanese University, Beirut (2001)
- M.A., Educational Sociology, Lebanese University, Beirut (1995)
- Director of VT Arabic Abroad program in Oman
- Received “Global Education Mini Grant Award” for study abroad planning
- Recognized with “Teaching Excellence” (April 2018)
- Received “High-Impact Project Grant” (January 2018)
- Arabic Language Courses at the elementary, intermediate, and advanced levels
- “Arab Arts, Science, Technology & Culture Through History (700-1300 AD)” (English)
- Organized students’ reach out to the Arab community and participate in their events and activities
- Designed Service-Learning volunteering program
- VT Arabic Oman Student Photo Exhibit: Coordinated with Course Initiative at Newman Library a display of students’ photos of their experience studying Arabic in Oman in summer 2017. (9/20-12/20, 2017)
- Organize students’ visits to the Arab community and participate in their events and activities
- SALAAM: Exploring Muslim Cultures Project: Member of Building Bridges: Engagement & Service-Learning working group (2016-2018)
- VT Arabic Oman Reflect and Share: part of InclusiveVT week, Organized and coordinated students’ display of posters, photos and interactive presentation, reflecting and sharing with VT community about their experience studying Arabic in Oman in Summer 2018. (9/13/2018)
Select Media Mentions
Recent Academic News