- Grandparent-Headed Families
- Marriage and Family Therapy
- Community-Based Interventions
- Editorial Board Member, Family Relations, Grandfamilies, and the Journal of Marital and Family Therapy
- Reviews Editor, Journal of Marital and Family Therapy
- Clinical Training Director, Marriage and Family Therapy Ph.D. Program, Virginia Tech
- Approved Supervisor, American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT)
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
- Ph.D. Purdue University
- M.S. Purdue University
- B.S. The Pennsylvania State University
Awards and Honors
2013 Best Article Award, Journal of Marital and Family Therapy, American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy.
2009 - 2010 Excellence in Graduate Student Advising Award, College of Liberal Arts and Human Sciences, Virginia Tech.
2007 - 2008 Certificate of Teaching Excellence, College of Liberal Arts and Human Sciences, Virginia Tech.
Dolbin-MacNab. M. L. (in press). An exploration of the health of adolescents raised by grandparents. In M. Harrington Meyer & Y. Abdul-Malak (Eds.), Grandparenting in the US. Amityville, NY: Baywood.
Hayslip, B., Maiden, R. J., Page, K. S., & Dolbin-MacNab, M. L. (2015). Grandparenting. In P. A. Lichtenberg & B. T. Mast (Eds.), APA handbook of clinical geropsychology (pp. 497-512). Washington, D.C.: American Psychological Association.
Dolbin-MacNab, M. L., Jarrott, S. E., Moore, L. E., O’Hora, K. A., De Chavonnes Vrugt, M., & Erasmus, M. (2015). Dumela Mma: An examination of resilience among South African grandmothers raising grandchildren. Ageing and Society. doi: 10.1017/S0144686X15001014
Dolbin-MacNab, M. L. (2015). Critical self-reflection questions for professionals who work with grandfamilies. Grandfamilies, 1(2), 139-159.
O’Hora, K. A., & Dolbin-MacNab, M. L. (2015). Practice recommendations for mental health professionals: Perspectives from grandparents and their adolescent grandchildren. Grandfamilies, 1(2), 97-137.
Wittenborn, A. K., Dolbin-MacNab, M. L., & Keiley, M. K. (2013). Dyadic research in marriage and family therapy: Methodological considerations. Journal of Marital and Family Therapy, 39, 5-16. doi: 10.1111/j.1752-0606.2012.00306.x
“Grandparent-Headed Families and Virginia WIC: An Examination of Service Awareness, Utilization, and Delivery,” Principal Investigator with Dr. Elena Serrano (Co-Investigator), Virginia Department of Health, $253,984 (2010 – 2012).