- Issues of Midlife and Aging
- Biopsychosocial Approaches to Understanding Daily Life Stressors
- Usesfulness of Mindfulness Meditation
- Advanced Research Methods (e.g. longitudinal analysis, time series analysis, power analysis and missing data analysis)
- Fellow, Gerontological Society of America
- Chair, Education Committee of APA Division 20, American Psychological Association
- Editorial Board, Journal of Marriage and Family Therapy
- Editorial Board, Journals of Gerontology: Social Science
- Ph.S. The University of Georgia
- M.S. University of Bombay
- B.Sc. University of Bombay
Awards and Honors
Fellow, Gerontological Society of America 2013
Excellence in Research and Creative Scholarship, CLAHS, 2013 Virginia Tech
Virginia Tech Scholar of the Week, Virginia Tech 2011
Davey, A., & Savla, J. (2010). Statistical power analysis with missing data: A structural equation modeling approach. New York: Routledge.
Bell, C. L., Kubo, J., Desai, M., Masaki, K., Cene, C., Savla, J., Rapp, S. R….LaCroix, A. Z. (accepted). Factors associated with nursing home admission after stroke in older women. Journal of Stroke and Cerebrovascular Diseases.
Riebl, S., Estabrooks, P. A., Dunsmore, J. C., Savla, J., Frisard, M. L., Dietrich, A., Ping, Y., Zhang, X., Davy, B. M. (in press). A systematic literature review and meta-analysis: the Theory of Planned Behavior's application to understand and predict nutrition-related behaviors in youth. Eating Behaviors.
Jarrott, S., & Savla, J. (in press). Intergenerational contact and mediators impact ambivalence towards future selves. International Journal of Behavioral Development.
Savla, J., Almeida, D. M., Davey, A., & Zarit, S. H. (2008). Routine assistance to parents: Effects on daily mood and other stressors. Journal of Gerontology: Social Sciences, 63, S154-S161. doi:10.1093/geronb/63.3.S154
A New Biomarker Tool for Breast Cancer Detection in Populations At Risk ($20,000)
- Agency: Institute of Society, Culture and Environment
- Role: Co-PI with Carla Finkielstein
Assessing the Impact of Involuntary Relocation on Nursing Facility Residents ($230,151)
- Agency: VA Department of Medical Assistance Services
- Principal Investigator: Karen A. Roberto
- Role: Co-Investigator
Daily Stress, Health and Well-Being of Family Caregivers ($2,966,367)
- Agency: National Institute of Aging
- Principal Investigator: Steven H. Zarit
- Role: Consultant