- Lifespan Development
- Gerontology (adaptive development and optimal aging)
- Mind-body/Psychophysical Practices (curricula & outcomes)
- Associate Member, Sigma Xi: Scientific Reserach Society
- Research Editor for The Center for Taiji and Qigong Studies
- Ph.D., Virginia Tech
- M.S., Virginia Tech
- M.A., Univeristy of Hawaii
- B.A., Radford University
gerontology lifespan development psychophysical practices taijiquan
Awards and Honors
2011 IDDL: Enterprise fund $2,500- Development of Stage I of an interactive interface for learning mindbody practices online. (PI Dr. Ico Bukvic)
2011 CIDER: Instructional Enhancement Grant $2,000 (co-applicant Dr. Shannon Jarrott)
2010 Vetra R. & Jay A. Mancini Research Prize: Department of Human Development, VT
Komelski, M. F, Blieszner, R. & Miyazaki, Y. (2011) Comparing the Health Status of US Taijiquan and Qigong Practitioners to a National Survey Sample Across Ages. Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, (Accepted-In Press).
Komelski, M. F. & Kim, K. Y. (2011) Taiji Self-Care: Program Development for Extended Care Nursing Staff at a Local Veterans Affairs Medical Center. Federal Practitioner (Revised- In Press).