Trudy Harrington Becker
Department of History
220 Stanger St.
Blacksburg, VA 24061
540-231-1733 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Trudy Harrington Becker is an associate chair and senior instructor at Virginia Tech.
- Ancient Rome
- Classical Studies
- Women's Studies
- Ph.D. University of Florida
- M.A. Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
- M.A. University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- B.A. College of the Holy Cross
- Associate Chair, Department of History, 2011
- State Vice President for Virginia, Classical Association of the Middle West and South
- President, Academy of Teaching Excellence, 2012-13
- Co-Coordinator, Classical Studies Program
- Webmaster, Classical Studies Program
- William E. Wine Award for Excellence in Teaching, 2015.
- Alumni Award for Excellence in International Education, Virginia Tech, March 2014.
- Excellence in International Initiatives, Virginia Tech College of Liberal Arts and Human Sciences, 2013.
"Broadening Access to a Classical Education: Virginia State Colleges in the Nineteenth Century," Classical Journal 96.3 (2001) 309-322.
"A Source for Ideology: The Classical Education of Martin Luther King, Jr.," Classical Bulletin, 76.2 (2000) 181-189 (Special issue devoted to 20th c. use of the classical world).
"Daniel B. Williams: Virginia's First State Hired Black College Classics Instructor," Classical Outlook 76.3 (1999) 94-95.
"Ambiguity and the Female Warrior: Vergil's Camilla," Electronic Antiquity, 4.1 (August 1997).
Select Media Mentions