Doris H. Kincade
- PhD, University of North Carolina
- MSHE, East Carolina University
- BS, East Carolina University
- Member of the Executive Board of Directors, Korean Academy of Marketing Society
- Editorial Review Board Member, Journal of Fashion and Marketing Management
- Editorial Review Board Member, International Journal of Costume and Fashion
- International Textile and Apparel Association, former Board Member
- American Collegiate Retailing Association
- Recognition of Research, American Collegiate Retailing Association, 2013
- Recognition of Research, Korean Marketing Scholars, 2012
- Excellence in Research and Creative Scholarship Award, College of Liberal Arts and Human Sciences, Virginia Tech, 2012
- Kim, J., and Kincade, Doris H. 2012. Examination of Cotton Usage through a Review of Careers for Apparel Option Alumni: Speaker Series. Sponsored by Cotton Incorporated, $42,000. (Co-I: 40%), (Note: Grant was funded but not accepted due to Dr. Kim’s resignation from the university during funding period.)
- Kim, J., and Kincade, Doris H. 2011. Academic Assessment in the Apparel Product Development and Merchandising Curriculum, Assessment Dissemination Grant, Office of Assessment & Evaluation, Virginia Tech, $1,400. (Co-PI: 50%) (Note: This grant follows a 2010 award from the Office of Assessment for data collection.)
- Kim, J., and Kincade, Doris H. 2010. Core Competency Assessment Grant. 6 months duration, Source: Office of Academic Assessment, VT, $2,000. (CoPI: 50%)
Cavender, Rayecarol, and Doris H. Kincade. “Leveraging Designer Creativity for Impact in Luxury Brand Management.” Global Fashion Brands: Style, Luxury, and History, edited by Gjoko Muratovski, Varonica Manlow, and Anne Peirson-Smith, University of Chicago Press, 2014, pp. 199–214.
Carroll, K. and Kincade, Doris H. “Universal Access to Shopping: Apparel Acquisition Preferences for the Working Woman with Physical Disabilities.” Designing Inclusive Futures, edited by P. Langdon, P.J. Clarkson, and P. Robinson, London: Springer, 2008, pp. 215–224. doi: 10.1007/978-1-84800-211-1_21.
- Kincade, Doris H., and Fay Y. Gibson. Merchandising of Fashion Products, UpperSaddle River, NJ: Pearson/Prentice Hall, 2010.
- Bahng, Youngjin, and Doris H. Kincade. “Retail Buyer Segmentation Based on the Use of Assortment Decision Factors.” Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, vol. 21, no. 4, 2014, pp. 643–652.
- Cavender, Rayecarol, and Doris H. Kincade. “Management of a Luxury Brand: Dimensions and Sub-Variables from a Case Study of LVMH.” Fashion Marketing and Management, vol. 18, no. 2, 2014, pp. 231–262.
- Bahng, Youngjin, et al. “U.S. College Students' Apparel Shopping Orientation and Brand/Product Preferences Within the Context of College Major.” Journal of Fashion Marketing and Management, vol. 17, no. 3, 2013, pp. 367–384.
- Kincade, Doris H., et al. “An Empirical Investigation of Apparel Production Systems and Product Line Groups Through the Use of Collar Designs.” Journal of Textile and Apparel, Technology Management, vol. 8, no. 1, 2013, p. 15.
Select Media Mentions
Recent Academic News