Department of Apparel, Housing, and Resource Management
295 West Campus Dr.
Blacksburg, VA 24061
540-231-8515 | email@example.com
Kevin Cheng is a assistant professor in the Department of Apparel, Housing, and Resource Management.
- Ph.D. University of Missouri
- MS, University of Missouri
- BS, University of Missouri
- Consumer Movement Archives Applied Economics Student Paper Award April 2018
- Winner of the Best Paper in Personal Finance and Consumer Economics published in the Family & Consumer Sciences Research Journal in 2017 February 2018
- University of Missouri Graduate Professional Council Travel Award February 2018
- Martin-Quilling Graduate Fellowship Fall 2014 – Spring 2015, Fall 2018
- University of Missouri Office of Research and Graduate Studies Travel Grant September 2017
- Arthur N. Caple Foundation Scholarship July 2017
- American Council on Consumer Interests Student Travel Grant April 2017
- Outstanding Senior December 2012
- Outstanding Student Tax Preparer April 2012
- Curator’s Grant-in-Aid Scholarship Spring 2011 – Fall 2012
▪ Yao, R., & Cheng, G. (2017). Millennials’ Retirement Saving Behavior: Account Ownership and Balance. Family and Consumer Sciences Research Journal, 46(2), 110-128. Other Refereed Publications
▪ Yao, R., & Cheng, G. (2019). Millennials' Retirement Account Asset Allocation. Consumer Interests Annual, 65.
▪ Cheng, G., Yao, R., & Ying, B. (2018). How is student loan debt associated with homeownership and home equity? Proceedings of the Asian Consumer and Family Economics Association, 4-33 – 4-46.
▪ Cheng, G., & Yao, R. (2018). How is student loan debt associated with homeownership and home equity? Consumer Interests Annual, 64.
▪ Yao, R., & Cheng, G. (2017). Do Millennials currently save for retirement? Consumer Interests Annual, 63.
Select Media Mentions
Recent Academic News