- Household Saving Behavior
- Financial Behaviors of Women
- Financial Behaviors of Minority Groups
- Financial Education and Program Evaluation
- Asian Consumer and Family Economics Association
- American Council on Consumer Interests
- Journal of Financial Innovation Associate Editor
- Ph.D. The Ohio State University
- M.S. The Ohio State University
- B.S. Indiana University of Pennsylvania
Awards and Honors
Virginia Tech Scholar of the Week (April 18, 2011)
Master Online Instructor
Fisher, P.J., Hayhoe, C., & Lown, J. (2015). Gender differences in saving behaviors among low- to moderate-income single households. Financial Services Review, 24(1), 1-13.
Loibl, C., & Fisher, P.J. (2013). Academic discipline and personal finance instruction in high school. Journal of Financial Counseling and Planning, 24(1), 15-33.
Fisher, P.J. (2013). Is there evidence of loss aversion in saving behaviors in Spain? Journal of Family and Economic Issues, 34(1), 41-51.
Fisher, P.J., & Anong, S.T. (2012). Relationship of saving motives to saving habits. Journal of Financial Counseling and Planning, 23(1), 63-79.
Fisher, P.J. (2014). Grant-writing incentive grant. College of Liberal Arts and Human Sciences, Virginia Tech. Awarded $5,000.
Fisher, P.J. (2012). Entrepreneurship among U.S. households. Jerome Niles Dean’s Faculty Research Grant. College of Liberal Arts and Human Sciences, Virginia Tech. Awarded $4,000.
Fisher, P.J. (2011). Summer Institute on the Demography, Economics, Psychology, and Epidemiology of Aging. RAND Corporation. Received funding to attend the two-day workshop in Los Angeles.