- Electronic Word-of-Mouth and Interpersonal Communication
- Information Processing and Decision Making
- Online Retailing (E-commerce/M-commerce)
- Apparel Fit/Sizing related to the Use of Innovative Technologies
- Member, International Textile and Apparel Association
- Ph.D. Iowa State University
- M.S. Iowa State University
- B.F.A. Keimyung University
Awards and Honors
Fashion Supplies Innovative Design Award – 1st Place. International Textile and Apparel Association. 2015.
Lectra Outstanding Design Award: Beat Use of Technology – Graduate Level. International Textile and Apparel Association. 2015.
Paper of Distinction Award - Merchandising, Visual, and Promotion Track. International Textile and Apparel Association 2014.
Ling, Z., Shin, E., Hwang, C., & Baytar, F. (2016). Assessing the effectiveness of lower body shapewear using 3D body scanning technology: Body shape and attractiveness. International Journal of Fashion Design, Technology, and Education. 10(2), 190-199.
McKinney, E., & Shin, E. (2016). Exploring criteria consumers use in evaluating their online formalwear rental experience: A content analysis of online reviews. Clothing and Textiles Research Journal, 34(4), 272-286.
Shin, E., Keenan, C., & Karpova, E. (2016). Comparative advantage of the United States and South Korean manmade textile industries. Fashion Industry & Education, 14(1), 1-9.
Shin, E., & Baytar, F. (2014). Apparel fit and size concerns and intentions to use virtual try-on: Impacts of body satisfaction and images of models’ bodies. Clothing and Textiles Research Journal, 32(1), 20-33.