- Commercial and Residential Property Management
- Cost-Benefit Analysis
- Sustainable Building
- Certified Apartment Portfolio Supervisor (CAPS)
- LEED Green Associate
- WELL AP
- IREM Sustainability Advisory Board Member
- Housing Education and Research Association Board of Directors Member
- Ph.D. Seton Hall University
- M.R.E.D. University of Southern California
- B.B.A. James Madison University
Awards and Honors
Kenneth Tremblay Early Career Housing Award, Housing Education and Research Association
Virginia Tech Excellence in Access and Inclusion Award
Virginia Tech Teacher of the Week
Willis and Mary Blackwood Junior Faculty Fellowship
Hopkins, E. A. (2018). The influence of public transportation on housing values. International Journal of Sustainable Development & World Ecology, 25(3), 206-215.
Hopkins, E.A., Read, D.C, & Goss, R.C. (2017). Promoting Sustainability in the United States Multifamily Property Management Industry. Journal of Housing and the Built Environment, 32(2), 361-376.
Hopkins, E.A. (2015). LEED certification of campus buildings: A cost-benefit analysis. Journal of Sustainable Real Estate, 7(1), 99-111.
The Institute of Real Estate Management. “Financial Impacts of Green Certifications on Multifamily Communities.”
The Appraisers Research Foundation. “The Influence of Public Transportation on Housing Values - A Hedonic Estimation.”
Foundation for Community Association Research. “The Impact of Community Associations on Residential Property Values.”