- Commercial and Residential Property Management
- Real Estate Development
- Cost-Benefit Analysis
- Sustainable Building
- LEED Green Associate
- Certified Apartment Portfolio Supervisor (CAPS)
- American Real Estate Society Member
- Housing Education and Research Association Member
- Urban Land Institute Member
- Ph.D. Seton Hall University
- M.R.E.D. University of Southern California
- B.B.A. James Madison University
Awards and Honors
Virginia Tech Teacher of the Week
Virginia Tech New Faculty/Early Career Teaching Certificate
Willis and Mary Blackwood Junior Faculty Fellowship
Hopkins, E. A. (2018). The influence of public transportation on housing values. International Journal of Sustainable Development & World Ecology, 25(3), 206-215.
Hopkins, E.A., Read, D.C, & Goss, R.C. (2017). Promoting Sustainability in the United States Multifamily Property Management Industry. Journal of Housing and the Built Environment, 32(2), 361-376.
Hopkins, E.A. (2015). LEED certification of campus buildings: A cost-benefit analysis. Journal of Sustainable Real Estate, 7(1), 99-111.
Research grant awarded by Foundation for Community Association Research to examine the impact of community associations on residential property values.