Department of Apparel, Housing, and Resource Management
240B Wallace Hall, 295 West Campus Drive
Blacksburg, VA 24061
Eunju Hwang is an associate professor with the Department of Apparel Housing and Resource Management.
- Housing and Aging
- Elders in Asia
- PhD, University of Minnesota
- Member of the Board of Directors, Housing Education and Research Association
- Committee Chair of International Housing Research, Environmental Design and Research Association
- Gerontological Society of America
- National Kitchen and Bath Assocation
- LEED Green Associate
- YearInternational Ambassador Award, Housing Education and Research Association (HERA). 2016.
- Excellence in International Initiatives Award, College of Liberal Arts and Human Sciences (CLAHS), Virginia Tech, 2016.
- Kenneth Tremblay Memorial Early Career Award, HERA, 2015.
Park, Andrew, et al. “Methods in Gerontechnology with a Focus on Virtual Environments as a Research Tool in Aging Mobility Studies.” Gerontechnology 2.0, edited by Sunkyo Kwon, Springer, 2016, pp. 117–133.
Hwang, Eunju, et al. “The Virtual Environment in Communication of Age-Friendly Design.” Technologies for Active Aging, edited by A. Sixsmith and G. Gutman, Springer, 2013, pp. 155–168.
Koehn, Sharon, et al. “Promises, Promises: Cultural and Legal Dimensions of Sponsorship For Immigrant Seniors.” Diversity and Aging Among Immigrant Seniors in Canada: Changing Faces and Greying Temples, edited by M. Maclean and D. Durst, Detselig Enterprises, 2010, pp. 79–102.
Kwon, Hyun Joo, and Eunju Hwang. “The Role of Key Housing Accessibility in the Relationship Between Mobility Disability and Residential Satisfaction of Seniors: A Case Study of the United States.” Journal of the Korean Institute of Interior Design, vol. 27, no. 2, 2018, pp. 98–105.
Hwang, Eunju. “Impacts of objective neighborhood built environment on older adults walking.” Housing and Society, vol. 44, no. 1–2, 2017, pp. 141–155. doi: 10.1080/08882746.2017.1384993
Hwang, Eunju, and Nancy Brossoie. “Who Wants to Know? Older Adults' Interest in Housing Information.” Housing and Society, vol. 44, no. 1–2, 2017, pp. 64–78. doi: 10.1080/08882746.2017.1384991
Beamish, Julia O., et al. “Real Life Design: A Case Study in Universal Design.” Journal of Family and Consumer Sciences, vol. 109, no. 4, 2017, pp. 14–20.
Hwang, Eunju, et al. “Seniors Perception on Age Friendly Aspects in Jeju Island, South Korea.” Korean Housing Association, vol. 26, no. 5, 2015, pp. 37–44.
Hwang, Eunju, et al. “Learning Contracts in Residential Design Classes.” Journal of Korean Housing Association International Conference Proceedings, Asia Pacific Network of Housing Research, 2015, pp. 323–326.
Hwang, Eunju, et al. “Impacts of Home Modifications on Aging-in-Place.” Journal of Housing for the Elderly, vol. 25, 2011, pp. 246–257.
Park, Andrew, et al. Testing Elderly People's Fear of Crime Using a Virtual Environment. The European Intelligence and Security Informatics Conference (EISIC), 2011, pp. 63–69.
- National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF), Assessment Strategies for Age-Friendly Cities, $210,000, 2018–2020.
- ISCE Scholar, Virginia Tech, An Interdisciplinary Team Approach to the Study of Age Friendly Community Initiatives and Policies, $18,695, 2018–2019.
Recent Academic News
Page 1 of 3 | 13 Results
Select Media Mentions