News2Note Guidelines and Upcoming Deadline
July 12, 2023
News2Note, the academic newsletter of the College of Liberal Arts and Human Sciences, is published monthly during the academic year by Debra Stoudt, associate dean for policy and faculty affairs. Individual entries are also captured in the Academic News section of the college’s website, and previous issues through May 2023 are archived here with VTechWorks.
The submission deadlines for 2023–2024 are:
- August issue Wednesday, July 26
- September issue Monday, August 28
- October issue Tuesday, September 26
- November issue Thursday, October 26
- December issue Monday, November 27
- January issue Wednesday, December 27
- February issue Friday, January 26
- March issue Monday, February 26
- April issue Tuesday, March 26
- May issue Monday, May 6
Items submitted after the deadline will be included in the next issue.
For faculty, staff, and departments, schools, and programs in general,
the following items are being solicited:
- Publications when published. Please include page numbers for article and chapters. To avoid repetition and to provide a complete reference, pre-publications online will not be announced; rather, the publication will be noted when the print version appears.
- Conference presentations with current Virginia Tech students
- Keynote or plenary presentations only, not invited speakers in general
- Awards, grants, honors, and other accomplishments of note.*
For current students:
- Conference presentations (papers or posters) and publications, either accepted or published
- Awards, grants, honors, and other accomplishments of note*
*“Of note” is left to the discretion of the submitter and the News2Note editorial staff.
If the item includes names of individuals not in your unit, please identify them. Please also identify the status of all Virginia Tech individuals named, including faculty, staff, graduate students, and undergraduates.
Submissions and questions should be sent to Debra Stoudt at firstname.lastname@example.org.