Hannah Shinault Deuyour
School of Communication
130A Shanks Hall
181 Turner Street NW
Blacksburg, VA 24061
540-231-9831 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Hannah Shinault Deuyour is the assosciate director and a collegiate professor in the School of Communication.
- Public Health Communication
- Public Relations
- Interpersonal Communication
- Ph.D. in Communication & Information, The University of Tennessee
- M.S. in Corporate & Professional Communication, Radford University
- B.A. in Media Arts & Design, James Madison University
- American Public Health Association
- Public Relations Society of America (Blue Ridge Chapter)
- Center for Excellence in Teaching & Learning Instructional Innovation Grant, 2018
- Shinault, H.L. (2020). Let your light shine: Enhancing student learning through authentic teaching. Presentation at the annual Innovative Teaching and Learning Conference, Knoxville, Tennessee.
- Boor, C., Purcell, L., Quesenberry, B., Shinault, H.L., & Sowder, Z. (2020). Extending belonging in the classroom. Conference on Higher Education Pedagogy, Blacksburg, Virginia.
- Conner, D., Shinault, H.L., Sowder, Z., & Stallings, E.W. (2019). Exploring discourse through conflict. Poster presented to the Virginia Tech Summer Institute.
- Shinault, H.L. & Stallings, E.W. (2019). A holistic pedagogy: A case for integrative teaching and learning. Presentation at the inaugural Innovative Teaching and Learning Conference, Knoxville, Tennessee.
- Shinault, H.L. (2018) Using media advocacy in non-profit organizations. Workshop presented to the annual partner agency conference of Feeding America Southwest Virginia, Roanoke, Virginia.
- Boor, C., Quesenberry, B., Shinault, H. L., Sowder, Z., & Stallings, E.W. (2018). Applying interpersonal communication strategies to include the whole student experience in advising. Virginia Tech Advising Matters conference.
Select Media Mentions
Recent Academic News