Reunion 2022: Food for Thought
March 28, 2022
Learn the history of food before you tuck into Southern homestyle favorites from the 1872 Fire Grill!
As part of Reunion Weekend 2022, the College of Liberal Arts and Human Sciences will host events that will delight your mind — and your senses. The college’s programs include:
Thursday, June 9
- Cornerstone Alumni Breakfast
- Taste of the Past: Doing Food History at Virginia Tech
Presented by Anna Zeide, Director of the Food Studies Program
Friday, June 10
- Drop-in Exploration: History of Virginia Tech Campus
Hosted by Victoria Ferguson, Program Director of Solitude
- Vaughn-Oliver Plaza Celebration
Led by Daniel Thorp, Associate Professor of History
- Human-Centered AI for Research: Creating Connections Across Disciplines
Presented by Kurt Luther, Associate Professor of Computer Science and History
Saturday, June 11
- Multimedia Center Tour
Hosted by Douglas Cannon, Professor of Communication
- College Luncheon – Turner Place at Lavery Hall
Featuring the college’s legendary Deanasaurus (also known as Dean Laura Belmonte)
The menu will be crafted by our award-winning campus dining: the 1872 Fire Grill offers Southern homestyle favorites as well as features from the “wall of flame” and wood-fired char grill.
- Adult Day Services Tour
For more information on these and other events, visit the Reunion Weekend 2022 page.