Scott G. Nelson
- Global Governance
- Political Economy
- Contemporary Political Theory
- International Relations Theory
- International Law and Organizations
- Director of Graduate Studies, Department of Political Science, Virginia Tech
- American Political Science Association
- International Studies Association
- Western Political Science Association
- Ph.D. Arizona State University
- M.A. Virginia Tech
- B.A. College of Wooster
Awards and Honors
2000 Department of Political Science Outstanding Teaching Recognition Award, Virginia Tech.
1991 Cummings-Rumbaugh Government Prize for outstanding work in the discipline of Political Science, Department of Political Science, College of Wooster.
1991 The Parker Myers Memorial Award for outstanding contributions to community service, College of Wooster.
Sovereignty and the Limits of the Liberal Imagination (London: Routledge, 2010). 193 pages.
The Ashgate Research Companion to Modern Theory, Modern Power, World Politics: Critical Investigations, (eds). Nelson, S. and Soguk, N., Aldershot, U.K.: Ashgate Publishers, forthcoming 2015.
Nelson, S. “Sovereignty, Ethics, Community,” Philosophy and Social Criticism (November, 2004), pp. 816-841.
Nelson, S. “Any Given We,” Journal of International Political Theory, Vol. 6 (1) Spring 2010, pp. 23-46.
Nelson, S. “The Communal Machinery of Evil: Reflections on ‘Hannah Arendt,’” Spectra, Vol. 3, (2) September 2014.