- Social and Political Theory
- International Relations Theory
- Critical Geopolitics
- Media and Popular Culture
- Director, Alliance for Social, Political, Ethical, and Cultural Thought (ASPECT), Virginia Tech
- American Political Science Association
- International Studies Association
- Association of American Geographers
- Association for Political Theory
- Ph.D. Purdue University
- M.A. Purdue University
- B.A. University of Strasbourg
- B.A. University of Haute Normandie
Awards and Honors
Women and Minority Artists and Scholars Lecture Series Fund award, Office of the Provost (Virginia Tech), Fall 2014-Spring 2015.
US National Institutes of Health (NIH) “Protecting Human Research Participants” Certificate, Summer 2008.
Recipient of the Great Seal of Florida International University Award from the International Relations Undergraduate Association, Summer 2000.
Global Powers of Horror: Security, Politics, and the Body in Pieces (under contract; Routledge, forthcoming 2015).
Beyond Biopolitics? Theory, Violence, and Horror (with Alexander Barder) (London: Routledge, 2011; paperback edition 2012).
The Geopolitics of American Insecurity: Terror, Power, and Foreign Policy, edited with Mark Lacy. (New York: Routledge, 2009).
"Katechontic Sovereignty: Security Politics and the Overcoming of Time," International Political Sociology (forthcoming, 2015).
“The Digital Fog of War: Baudrillard and the Violence of Representation” (co-authored with Ryan Artrip), International Journal of Baudrillard Studies, Vol. 11, No. 2 (May 2014), no pages available (online journal).
“The Subject of Governance,” SPECTRA: The ASPECT Journal, Vol. 2. No. 2 (November 2013), no pages available (online journal).
“Reading Daniel Deudney’s Bounding Power” (co-authored with Mat Coleman, John Agnew, Alexander Murphy, and Daniel Deudney), Political Geography, Vol. 31, No. 6 (2012), pp. 389-398.