- Critical Political Theory
- International Ethics
- International Organizations
- UN Peacekeeping
- United Nations Liaison Office (UNLO) in Zagreb, Croatia, former Political Affairs Officer and Deputy to the Head of Office
- Jean Monnet Fellow, European University Institute, San Comenico di Fiesole, Italy (2005-2006)
- UN Department of Administration and Management, former Associate Procurement Officer
- Ph.D. Florida International University
- M.B.A. Scoula Direzione Aziendale Bocconi
- Laurea (B.A. equivalent) University of Pavia
Awards and Honors
2012 College of Liberal Arts and Human Sciences, Virginia Tech. Excellence in Research and Creative Scholarship Award.
2011 Institute for Society, Culture and Environment (ISCE). Summer Scholar.
2011 Office of the Provost. Mentoring Micro-grant travel award.
Zanotti, L. and Stephenson, M.. 2012. Peacebuilding through Community-Based NGOs: Paradoxes and Possibilities. Kumarian Press.
Zanotti, L., 2011. Governing Disorder. UN Peace Operations, International Security, and Democratization in the Post–Cold War Era. University Park, Pennsylvania: Penn State University Press.
Zanotti, L. 2014. “ Questioning Universalism, Devising an Ethics without Foundations: An Exploration of International Relations Ontologies and Epistemologies” Journal of International Political Theory DOI: 10.1177/1755088214555044, pp. 1-19.
Zanotti, L., 2013. “Governmentality, Ontology, Methodology: Re-thinking Political Agency in the Global World” Alternatives: Global, Local, Political. Vol. 38(4) 288–304.
Zanotti, L., 2013 “A Post-Liberal Peace' and 'International Peacebuilding and Local Resistance” International Peacekeeping, Vo.20, No. 5 pp.643-646.
Zanotti, L. 2013. “ The United Nations’ and the European Union’s Conceptualizations of Peace: Risk Management, Post-Cold War Security and the Normalization of Croatia”. Review of European Studies, Vol. 5, No. 3. pp. 18-27.