- Public Relations
- International Communication Association
- International Association of Language and Social Psychology
- Public Relations Society of America (Blue Ridge Chapter)
- Strongpoint Marketing, Public Relations Consultant
- Associated Graduate Students in Communication (AGSC), The University of Arizona, former President
- Ph.D. The University of Arizona
- M.S. Northwestern University
- B.A. in Communication, DePaul University
Awards and Honors
Excellence in Teaching Award, Department of Communication, 2013, 2014
Department of Communication Travel Scholarship, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
Smith, S. A., Patmos, A. K., & Pitts, M. J. (2015). Communication and teleworking: A study of communication channel satisfaction, personality, and job satisfaction for teleworking employees. International Journal of Business Communication.
Smith, S.A. (2015). Understanding and improving employee communication satisfaction. Crisis Management Strategies & Tactics. New York: PR News Press.
Smith, S. A., & Brunner, S. R. (2015). The great whoosh: Analyzing an online health narrative through communication privacy management. Health Communication. DOI: 10.1080/10410236.2014.930551
Pitts, M. J., Fowler, C., Fisher, C., Smith, S. A. (2014). Politeness strategies in imagined conversation openers about elder care. Journal of Language and Social Psychology, 33, 27-46.