School of Communication
105 Shanks Hall
181 Turner Street, NW
Blacksburg, VA 24061
Stephanie Smith is an associate professor in the School of Communication.
- Public Relations
- PhD, The University of Arizona
- MS, Northwestern University
- BA in Communication, DePaul University
- International Communication Association
- International Association of Language and Social Psychology
- Public Relations Society of America (Blue Ridge Chapter)
- Strongpoint Marketing, Public Relations Consultant
- Associated Graduate Students in Communication (AGSC), The University of Arizona, former President
- Excellence in Teaching Award, Department of Communication, 2013, 2014
- Department of Communication Travel Scholarship, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
Smith, Stephanie A., editor. Recruitment, Retention, and Engagement of a Millennial Workforce. Lexington Books, 2008.
Smith, Stephanie. Careers in Media and Communication. SAGE Publications, 2018.
Smith, S. A., Patmos, A. K., & Pitts, M. J. (2015). Communication and teleworking: A study of communication channel satisfaction, personality, and job satisfaction for teleworking employees. International Journal of Business Communication.
Smith, S.A. (2015). Understanding and improving employee communication satisfaction. Crisis Management Strategies & Tactics. New York: PR News Press.
Smith, S. A., & Brunner, S. R. (2015). The great whoosh: Analyzing an online health narrative through communication privacy management. Health Communication. DOI: 10.1080/10410236.2014.930551
Pitts, M. J., Fowler, C., Fisher, C., Smith, S. A. (2014). Politeness strategies in imagined conversation openers about elder care. Journal of Language and Social Psychology, 33, 27–46.
Select Media Mentions
Recent Academic News