Performing Arts Careers and Internships
Internships and apprenticeships provide you with valuable skills and real-world perspective regarding your chosen career field while giving you the opportunity to explore the possibilities for the future.
By participating in an internship or apprenticeship, students apply the theory and knowledge they have been learning in the classroom through hands-on experience in a professional setting.
Please contact your advisor to learn more about the internship program or to schedule an appointment to talk about your future plans.
Many students start building their resumes by participating in productions and performances with the School of the Performing Arts. Upon graduation, our graduates are prepared for many paths and lifetime opportunities.
- Instrumental Performer
- Audio Producer
- Music Director
- Music Educator
- Film Director
- Film Editor
- Stage Performer
- Stage Manager
- Designer (Sets, Costumes, Lights, Sound)
- Props Artisan
- Arts Manager
Career Planning Resources
Our programs offer active learning opportunities to work through complex problems and express your ideas, including real-world projects, internships, study abroad, and undergraduate research. Graduates of our programs are employed as managers, , actors, writers, and educators.
Our graduates have proven that they are trained to be successful in a wide variety of careers.
Career and Professional Development at Virginia Tech offers a variety of services including career exploration, job searching, resume analysis, and interview training.
- More information is available at the Career and Professional Development homepage.
- More information about the office's advising services is available here.
- A calendar of the office's events is available here.
Other career-related resources include:
- Career Exploration Tools: Explains the process of selecting and exploring a career.
- Career Fairs: Lists the current career fairs on campus and in the region.
- Handshake: Enables Virginia Tech students and alumni to network for career planning and job search assistance.
- 4 Year Guide to Building Your Resume