The Center awarded five Peacebuilding Research Grants to faculty exploring violence and violence prevention. All of the projects were designed to integrate our three missions of research, education, and outreach in the area of violence prevention. Topics include:
1) campus and community justice;
2) assessing community-based interventions to address political polarization;
3) addressing future crime prevention by building networks in early childhood development and education programs;
4) alcohol-related crime reduction;
5) investigating the role of independent environmental data in the Escobal mining conflict in Guatemala.