Our faculty publishes leading-edge research in a wide variety of fields. We prepare students to understand domestic and international affairs. Our areas of focus include national security and foreign policy, legal studies, environmental affairs, world politics and policy, global development, and international business.
Department of Political Science
Following a highly competitive contest, Daniella Zelaya was recently named one of only 30 students nationwide to receive the 2016 Charles B. Rangel International Affairs Fellowship.
Nneoma Nwankwo of Lagos, Nigeria, who will graduate in May with a degree in political science in the College of Liberal Arts and Human Sciences, is Virginia Tech Undergraduate Student of the Year.
International Studies alumna Kelly Tallman Clements, a member of the Class of 1988, is profiled in the Virginia Tech Magazine's recently released Winter 2016 issue.
Congratulations to Dr. Adis Maksić, a 2009 graduate of the Political Science On-Line MA Program (OLMA)
Welcome back to campus Professor Deborah Milly, who spent Fall Semester 2015 in Tokyo, Japan conducting research.
College Event Calendar
- Aug 26 - Aug 26 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM Major Williams atrium (2nd floor) Kaffeeklatsch
- Sep 01 - Sep 01 5:30 PM - 7:00 PM Women's Center at Virginia Tech Women Influencing the Arts: Bechdel Project
- Sep 01 - Sep 01 6:30 PM - 7:30 PM MAJWM 334 Oviedo Info Meeting
- Sep 06 - Sep 06 7:30 PM - 11:59 PM Moss Arts Center, Anne and Ellen Fife Theatre Autism in Love
- Sep 09 - Sep 09 2:30 PM - 11:59 PM 330 Lavery Hall "The Great New Orleans Kidnapping Case of 1870 and the Fate of Reconstruction"