Department of Science, Technology, and Society
280 Alumni Mall, 124 Lane Hall
Blacksburg, VA 24061
John K. Aggrey is a Postdoctoral Associate with a joint position at the Science, Technology, and Society Department and the Fralin Life Sciences Institute (FLSI). His research deals with risk perception and emerging infectious disease outbreaks, with a particular focus on rural and urban populations in Africa. He has studied both Ebola and COVID, most recently focusing on how a sense of risk is constructed in communities, and how social and political contexts shape emerging infectious diseases.Description here.
- Global Health
- Epidemics and Society
- Emerging Infectious Diseases
- Socio-cultural Studies of Health and Medicine
- Environmental Sociology
- PhD, Louisiana State University.
- MA, Louisiana State University.
- MPhil, University of Ghana.
- BA, University of Ghana.
- Member, Society for Social Studies of Science
- Member, American Sociological Association
- Member, African Studies Association
Select Media Mentions
Recent Academic News