- Early Christianity
- Christian Literature and History
- Graeco-Roman Religions
- Modern Cultural Theory
- American Academy of Religion
- Society of Biblical Literature
- North American Patristics Society
- Ph.D., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (2017)
- M.T.S., Vanderbilt Divinity School (2009)
- M.A., University of Chicago Divinity School (2007)
- B.A., Wake Forest University (2004)
Patel, Shaily. “The Starhymn of Ignatius’ Epistle to the Ephesians: Reappropriation as Polemic.” Studio Patristica, Vol. 19, 93, 2017.
Patel, Shaily, et al. “Team Teaching an Interdisciplinary First-Year Seminar on Magic, Religion, and the Origins of Science: A ‘Pieces-to-Picture’ Approach.” Journal of the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning, Vol. 17, No. 1, February 2017, pp.24-36.